Transfer/ Withdrawal Policy
- a) Kenko Academy shall publish the transfer and withdrawal policy in relevant communicated channels.
- b) Students who wish to withdraw or transfer must submit the Withdrawal Request Form substantiating their reasons.
- c) Based on the reasons given, student services shall arrange for the student to be counselled by relevant staff within 3 working days.
- d) If the transfer or withdraw is affirmed, student services will advise the student on the formalities and the refund amount, if any. Students under the age of 18 are required to seek parental/guardian endorsement to proceed.
- e) Kenko Academy will expedite the request and process the refund to the student (if any) within 7 working days in accordance to the Refund Policy. Kenko Academy will show proof that the refund is processed. Depending on the payment mode, the actual fund transfer may take a few days.
- f) As part of transfer/withdrawal formalities, Student Services shall
- Update student enrolment status on student database.
The initial Application Fee for Full-Time or Part-Time Courses is non-refundable.
Refund Policy applies only to the Course Fee stipulated in Schedule B and Miscellaneous Fee stipulated in Schedule C of the Standard PEI-Student Contract signed between Kenko Academy and the Student.
- a) Refund for Withdrawal due to Non-Delivery of course:
Kenko Academy will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A of the PEI-Student contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
- b) Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons:
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in clause above due to non-delivery of course, Kenko Academy will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on Table A below.
All requests pertaining to fee refund matters must be in writing and subject to the final approval of the school.
- c) Refund during Cooling-Off Period:
Kenko Academy will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Table A) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to Kenko Academy within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
- d) Deemed Withdrawal:
A student who transfers from the Course to another course with the PEI shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the Course and the provisions of Clause (b) shall apply save as otherwise agreed between the PEI and the student.
- e) Mode of Refunds:
Any refunds payable shall be made via cheque or telegraphic transfers (TT) less the applicable bank administrative charges imposed by the Bank.
- f) Withdrawal Procedure:
For every withdrawal request, students must submit the following documents to the Student Services Officer at the Student Services Office:
- Student’s Written (or Emailed) Request indicating the reason for withdrawal (if applicable)
- Course Withdrawal Form (duly signed by the student)
- Counselling Form (duly signed by the student)
The Course Withdrawal Form and the Counselling Form can be obtained at the Student Services Office. The student may seek the assistance of the Student Services Officer on how to fill up the Course Withdrawal Form and Counselling Form.
After receiving the request from the student, the school shall arrange for a counselling session with the Programme Leader, Head of Academic or Head of Student Services. Upon each successful counselling session, the school shall proceed with the withdrawal of the student from the course.
All Withdrawal requests will be processed and completed within 7 working days and students will receive the Letter/Notice of Withdrawal from Kenko Academy.
For every refund request, students must submit the following documents to the Student Services Office:
- Letter or email to request for refund (if any)
- Refund Request Form (duly signed by the student)*
- Original receipts, or if not available, a Declaration of Lost Receipt Form (duly signed by the student.
- Written disbursement instructions (if disbursement is by Telegraphic Transfer payment)
* The Refund process will only commence upon receipt of ALL required documents and for students who are no longer in Singapore, they are still required to submit the original documents for processing.
A refund request shall be rejected if it is not in accordance with the refund policy and if any of the required documentation is incomplete.
All approved refunds will be released not more than 7 working days from the date of receipt of full documentation for the refund requests.
The transfer/Withdrawal/Refund process is detailed in the Student Handbook issued to all students.